- COLLAGEN HYDROLYSATE: Made of ONE simple ingredient, collagen is a dietary supplement with a beneficial combination of amino acids. At Great Lakes Gelatin Company, we believe that a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet, including collagen, is the cornerstone to a life well lived.
- HEALTH BENEFITS: Supports joint health and aids in post-workout recovery.*
- BEAUTY BENEFITS: Promotes healthy skin and supports strong hair and nails.*
- DIRECTIONS: Easily dissolves in your favorite beverages such as coffee, tea, juice or a smoothie. It can also be added to foods like soup, yogurt or oatmeal.
- Grass-Fed & Pasture-Raised, Keto-Certified, Paleo-Friendly, Gluten Free, Kosher, Non-GMO
Product Packaging:Standard Packaging
Great Lakes hydrolyzed collagen protein powder supplement is a unique combination of 20 amino acids that support joint and connective tissue health. It is for general use, athletes, and people who have anti-aging health concerns. Collagen offers numerous benefits not only for joints, but also for bones, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, skin, hair, and nails. It combats aging issues like cartilage damage and collagen loss, and it aids the body’s natural ability to heal and repair. Hydrolyzed Collagen also functions to help regulate a large number of the body’s metabolic pathways. Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen Hydrolysate has been created under strict sanitary conditions that meet specifications outlined by the U.S. Pharmacopeia, which is regulated by National Formulary. The gelatin is tested for gel strength, viscosity, pH, and moisture—and is ready to incorporate into any number of recipes for an extra boost of collagen.
Protein is the second most plentiful substance in the body (after water)
It is needed for the growth and repair of every cell in the body. Up to 40% of the body is made up of connective tissue, 70% of the connective tissue is collagen. Protein is naturally considered the building blocks of the metabolism.
Collagen is the protein that forms connective fibers in tissues
Such as skin, ligaments, cartilage and bones. Collagen also acts as a kind of intracellular glue that gives support, shape and bulk to blood vessels, bones, and organs such as the heart, kidneys and liver. Collagen is also required for the repair of blood vessels, bruises and broken bones.
Collagen Hydrolysate is unique in its amino acid structure
Because of its high amounts of glycine and proline, which are found in lower amounts in other protein food supplements. After the age of 25 the body’s natural ability to produce the amino acids diminishes, but can be easily obtained from adding collagen protein to the diet.
The sustained use of hydrolyzed collagen has been reported to have
Beneficial effects on other connective tissues like tendons, ligaments, cartilage, joints and bone. Cartilage that covers the surface of joints is composed of cells called chondrocytes that are embedded in an extracellular matrix that contains collagen fibers and other molecules that are linked into an integrated network with hyaluronic acid.